Generate shapes of chords for violin
sudo yarn global add violin-chords
sudo npm install -g violin-chords
c, d, e, f, g, a, b, h
We use German naming, i. e. a# === b === hb
maj, min, +, 0, 6, 7, maj7, min7
- The numbers (in hex (a === 10, b === 11)) represent interval in semitones above tonic. E.g. 0: tonic, 4: major third, 7: perfect fifth (dominant), b: major seventh.
- The first line (without dots) represents empty strings. Lines have a semitone distance
- It's up to the player to choose a comfortable fingering.
- choose all the numbers if possible, or as many as possible
- choose the more significant tones. e.g.
b matters for the character cmaj7 more than
- you may want 0 (tonic) at the lowest played string